If you have been laid off or furloughed since restrictions have been placed on Americans during the COVID-19 pandemic, you’re not alone. Unemployment in the United States has now reached into the tens of millions, with more to come. While individuals and the government are working hard to stimulate the economy as best as they can, many Americans are finding themselves in a tough financial situation.
Industries Hit the Hardest
Because of the stay-at-home and shelter-in-place orders, some of the hardest hit industries include retail, food, travel, tourism, entertainment and the arts. Those who made a living off tips waiting tables no longer have that income. Those who relied on door-to-door sales to provide for their families can no longer make ends meet. The struggling musicians who played in any venues they could book are now trying to keep their names alive, without pay, online.
Hope in the Chaos
The good news is there is hope. There are multiple industries hiring right now because they have seen a surge in business since the economy has been put on hold. Some examples include:
- Delivery Drivers – Whether for a big box retail or wholesale company, or your local grocery store, many in the retail and food industries are looking for more delivery drivers. With families at home for a while, they are ordering groceries, clothes, games, medication and other necessities online, and having them delivered to their doorsteps.
- Cashiers – Essential businesses are still open around the country, and in some cases, these companies have seen a rise in business. Grocery stores, hardware stores and gas stations are looking for individuals willing to fill the position of cashier, shelf stockers and other similar positions.
- Order Fulfillment – With all the online orders from individuals around the nation, fulfillment centers are being bombarded with work. Warehousing, distributing and order fulfillment are on the rise, and companies are looking for individuals willing to put orders together so they are ready for shipping.
- Healthcare – Everyone knows the real heroes in this situation are the healthcare workers, but they’re being overwhelmed with the amount of work they’re being asked to do. Anyone with a background in healthcare, even those willing to train to sit at a desk, are sought for help with the overload in the healthcare industry.
- Food Service – Though many restaurants are not open for dine-in business, they are offering delivery and take-out. Some are being bombarded by orders, and are looking for kitchen help to assist them in filling the orders.
- Animal Care – There are all kinds of animals that still need to be taken care of during this pandemic. Veterinarians, farmers and others in the animal care industry need help ensuring the animals are well taken care of and healthy.
Also keep in mind there are opportunities for you to use your creative juices to get an online business started. If you’ve ever considered selling handmade or refurbished items online, or even if you have an online service to offer, now is a great time to see if you can get that up and running.
Maintaining Your Credit Score
If you’ve been hit with unemployment, you can see there is hope with so many industries still looking for help. In the meantime, your credit may be suffering. Even so, there is also hope in this area. Once you secure employment and have a solid paycheck coming in again, look into tradelines. Purchasing a Coast AU tradeline can give your credit score the boost it needs. It’s a simple, legal process that adds you as an authorized user on an account with a stellar credit history. That history becomes your history, and it’s as though you never financially suffered during the COVID-19 pandemic.
You Can Do This
This is a tough time. People around the nation are suffering just like you are. Don’t become another statistic. Get out there, find a job, stay on top of your debt payments, and if necessary, easily repair your credit with a tradeline. You can do this.